Risks Factors in Mental Health Conditions
Irrespective of what age or sex, anyone can develop a mental health disorder. Several factors, such as biological factors, social and financial conditions, lifestyle choices, and more can shape your mental health. Following are some of the common factors that may increase your risk of experiencing issues such as mental health anxiety, depression, binge eating disorder, and other related problems.
- Family histories of mental illness, such as a sibling or parent
- Stressful situations, such as losing someone, financial circumstances, divorce
- Ongoing medical conditions such as diabetes
- Severe brain damage due to a traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic life experiences such as assaults or combats
- Recreational drugs or alcohol usage
- Abuse or neglect in childhood
- Few or no friends
- A previous mental condition
When to Visit Hale Road Medical for Mental Health Services in Perth?
At Hale Road Medical, we come across many patients who find it difficult to determine when to consult an expert. Here is a list of some noticeable changes that you may experience during a mental illness to help you know the right time to visit us.
- Anxious and worried constantly for long term
- Frequent mood swings
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Negative thoughts are preventing you from enjoying day-to-day activities.
- Frequent hallucinations
- Inability to deal with daily problems or stress
- Significant changes in eating habits
- Withdrawal from friends or family
- Excessive anger
- Suicidal thoughts
How Can We Help?
Hale Road Medical has a wide range of care mental health services in Perth, including, but not limited to the following.
- We are adept at carefully examining the mental illness symptoms to know the exact problem
- We examine your diet, sleeping habits, other medical conditions, and medications associated with them.
- We prescribe you medicines and offer you therapies as well as advice to improve your situation effectively.
- We provide you with a customised management plan as per your condition.
Communication is key to defeat any mental illness and you can rely on our doctors to share anything you want. Mental problems may cause severe health issues if left untreated for long. As soon as you or any of your loved ones show any of the primary symptoms of mental illness, get in touch with our qualified mental health professionals.